The workshop: ICSH-STAHY 2021
The situation of the COVID19 pandemic forced the cancellation of the 11th edition of the ICSH-STAHY Workshop that was going to be held from 24 to 25 September 2020 in València (Spain).
We are glad to announce that we are currently working on the organization of the STAHY2021, which will be held from 16 to 17 September 2021 in the same venue.
The high uncertainty surrounding the future of the pandemic makes it impossible for the organisers to guarantee the health of all those involved in the event while ensuring a high level of attendance from participants who come from all over the world and that the standards of the Workshop are met. Therefore, the Organising Committee has decided that the Workshop will be held entirely ONLINE and with reduced registration fees.
As on previous occasions, the Workshop will be focused on advanced statistical methods for hydrological applications. Within this general and exciting context, we welcome contributions dealing with the following topics (but not limited to):
- Extreme hydrological and meteorological analysis under global changes
- Quantifying uncertainty in hydrological predictions
- Hydrological design and risk assessment under changing environment
- Applications of big data, data mining and information theory
- Data assimilation for hydrological forecasts
- New approaches in time series analysis
- Spatio-temporal variability and scaling
- Geostatistics in groundwater and surface hydrology
Best presentations will be invited to a Special Issue in Hydrological Sciences Journal.
The organization will award the best STAHY 2021 paper to recognize the best accepted scientific paper among all submitted papers.
It is also noteworthy that during the Workshop Prof. Jose Salas will receive the ICSH Achievement Award for his giant and outstanding contribution to the science of Statistical Hydrology.
One day before the Workshop (15 September), the traditional Early Career Course will take place, which will be entirely free for all those registered in the Workshop.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at STAHY 2021!!